With busy schedules, we often forget to feed our bodies with nutritionally satiating food, and resort to grab-and-go options. According to a study conducted on 102,703 participants, published in 2017, meal planning is associated with a healthier diet and a lower risk of obesity. If you are looking for inspiration to eat healthier, you’ve come to the right place.
In this article we’re going to cover some easy meal prep ideas to give you an idea of some simple meal prep recipes that you can make to guarantee you kickstart your healthy eating journey easily and effectively.
What are the benefits of meal prep?
Meal planning has a number of key benefits. Not only does it save you a lot of time and hassle of cooking elaborate meals after a hectic day but also ensures that you are getting a healthy and balanced diet that is enriched with all the essential macro and micronutrients. This gives you an excellent opportunity to eliminate unwanted calories that is sure to help you sculpt your perfect summer body.
Did you know that as per recent research, the greater the consumption of meals away from home, the higher the risk of cardiovascular disease, cancer, and early death? That’s because fast food is higher in sugar, salt, saturated fats, and chemicals. Plus, you’ll be more likely to overeat, because it’s designed to be addictive.
Meal prepping has been shown to be an effective way to lose weight or build muscle. In fact, any noticeable body change requires strict nutritional planning. If you’re interested in building muscle, check out this article we wrote on body-building tips before training here.
Apart from the obvious benefits for weight loss and eating a better quality diet, meal prepping can also help you cut expenses by opting for budget-friendly home cooked meals. Meal prep may sound time-intensive, it can easily be adjusted to fit your schedule, preferences and requirements. For example:
- You can prepare healthy freezer meals to use for a week or so.
- You can prepare meals for just a day.
- You can prepare the ingredients (chop up vegetables, cook meats, prepare your sauces, extract your broth, blend your pastes, etc.) to speed up the general process of cooking.
The task may appear daunting at first, but it’s extremely easy! To help you take the bull by its horns, we at WOLFpak have compiled the best healthy recipes for easy meal prep.
10 easy meal prep ideas
- Greek Chicken Gyro Bowls: Perfect for a healthier grab-and-go option, Greek Chicken Gyro bowls are ready in less than 30 minutes. Offering a balanced share of carbs (rice), protein (chicken), fiber (vegetables), fat (cheese), and grains (quinoa), they are packed with a total of 1082 kcal, perfect for you to refuel during an exhausting day. For the best recipe to the best Greek Chicken Gyro Bowl, click here.
- BBQ Baked Salmon and Zucchini: Filled with protein and free of the gluten guilt and the dairy hustle, BBQ Baked Salmon and Zucchini have a total of 407 Calories per serving. To make the best BBQ Salmon and Zucchini for lunch or dinner, click here.
- Turkey Taco Meal Prep Bowls: If you are looking to add some Mexican twist to your meal prep, these Turkey Taco meal prep bowls are one of the popular go-to. Packed with 370 kcal taco bowls have a prep time of 20 minutes and a cook time of 50 minutes.
- Meal Prep Chia Pudding: An excellent option for a healthy yet filling breakfast, chia puddings are recommended by many nutritionists. Chia puddings can also be made using chocolate to entertain your pallets with a total of 191 kcal with a balanced intake of the macronutrients. For the recipe for chocolate chia pudding, click here.
- No-Bake Energy Balls: Perfect for snacking, these no-bake oatmeal and chocolate chip energy balls only take 20 min (prep + chill time) to give you the boost of 141 kcal. To make your no-bake energy balls now, click here.
- Crispy Kale: When craving a quick snack at the oddest of hours, crispy kales are the best go-to snack. Ready in just 15 minutes, these kale chips provide you with just 15 kcal and are perfect for satisfying the urge of snacking as a hobby – or binge-watching Netflix.
- Ultimate Chicken Salad: Packed with 524 kcal, the ultimate chicken salad is the answer to your ultimate salad cravings. Easy to meal prep, the salad takes a total cooking time of just 25 minutes max.
- Meal Prep Lentil Soup: This meal-prep lentil soup is perfect for warming you up on chilly days. The soup has a cooking time of 45 minutes and has a goodness of 421 kcal.
- Zucchini Lasagna: With a total cook time of 50 minutes, Zucchini Lasagna is more of a freezer meal prep packed with a nutritional value of 362kcal. To know how to make the mouth-watering Zucchini Lasagna, click here.
- Mini Chicken Pot Pies: Who doesn’t agree that all good things come in small packaging; these mini chicken pot pies are sure to fill your insides with the goodness of macronutrients. To check out the recipe for these scrumptious mini chicken pot pies, click here.
The meal prep backpack you need
WOLFpak cares for your health and thus has launched the perfect meal management backpacks that can help you carry your meal preps on the go. Built to last, these sturdy backpacks come in hues of red and black to match any outfit.
The meal prep management backpacks have been engineered to fit your daily needs, the cooler department and cup holder has also been added to the preexisting features of these backpacks, making them the talk of the town.
The meal prep backpacks are perfect for office, school, hiking, gym, camping, or even for a weekend athlete. Made from 900D Polyester, meal prep management backpacks are your friend on the go for the toughest of seasons. Their spacious design allows you to store your meal prep food and avoid spilling over in the bag. The additional plastic utensil set provides you with a perfect opportunity to share your food with a loved one or a friend. The bag opens at 180 degrees to allow easy packing and comes with a secure two-way zipper.
With so much on your plate, it is often difficult to choose what is best for you. That’s why we at WOLFpak have provided you with some inspiration to make healthy and simple meal prep meals. Meal prepping may sound time-consuming , but it allows you to reach your fitness goals - even one new health behavior can make a big difference to your health.
What are some of your favorite meal prep recipes? Let us know in the comments below!