8 Breakfast Meal Prep Ideas to Kickstart Your Day
Eating healthy and staying fit is a goal that many of us strive for. One way to make it easier to stay on track is by meal prepping. Meal prepping means preparing meals in advance - typically for the week ahead. This can help you save time, money, and energy while also ensuring that you are eating nutritious and well-balanced meals throughout the day.
Here are 8 great breakfast meal prep ideas to kickstart your day, and a recommendation for a fitness meal prep to keep your food fresh!
1. Mixed Berry-and-Granola Smoothie Pouches
This simple, healthy, and delicious breakfast takes less than five minutes to make. You'll need:
- 1 cup strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries (or any other combination)
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk of your choosing (milk is optional)
- Blend everything together until smooth, then pour into four quart-sized freezer bags or Tupperware containers. Freeze overnight and enjoy in the morning!
This smoothie will keep for up to five days in the refrigerator when properly sealed, but if you're in a rush for breakfast or just want to make it ahead of time, grab an individual serving out of the freezer whenever you want to drink it—no thawing necessary!
Each bag contains about 250 calories so be sure not to overdo it on the fruit if calorie counting isn't something you do regularly.
2. Mason Jar Breakfast Parfait
If you're looking for a meal prep recipe that can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator, look no further. Mason jar breakfasts are perfect for this purpose! Whether you're making breakfast for yourself or another person, these parfaits are great because all of the ingredients can be layered into separate mason jars and kept in the fridge until ready to consume. This allows you to easily grab one jar on your way out of the house in the morning.
- Use frozen berries instead of fresh fruit for added texture when eating cold foods (think smoothies). Frozen berries will create more ice crystals than fresh ones do, which creates an interesting texture that isn't as runny as other types of frozen smoothie products.
- Add chia seeds to your breakfast parfait so that you'll get some healthy fats into your daily diet without having an oily taste or feeling in your mouth after eating them! Chia seeds also act as a binder between layers of yogurt and granola—just make sure they're evenly distributed throughout each layer before adding more yogurt or granola!).
3. Overnight Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding
This breakfast pudding is a delicious way to start your day. It's filled with healthy fats, protein, and fiber, which will keep you full until lunchtime. The coconut milk helps to keep this recipe creamy, while the cashews make it rich and satisfying. If you're not a fan of blueberries, swap them out for another kind of fruit like strawberries or mangoes!
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (make sure there are no additives)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons cashews (soaked overnight)
4. Egg Muffins
Egg muffins are an easy way to get a protein-packed breakfast in no time at all. Simply whisk together eggs, cheese, vegetables, and any other ingredients you like, pour into a muffin tin, bake in the oven, and voila! You’ve got some delicious and nutritious egg muffins ready to go.
5. Cheesy Breakfast Rollups
These breakfast rollups are a great way to use up any leftover veggies and cheese you have. You can make them with whole wheat tortillas, with low-carb tortillas if you’re looking for a lower-carb option. Add vegetables like spinach, zucchini, or bell peppers - whatever veggies you have on hand!
These rollups are easy to assemble ahead of time and perfect for reheating in the microwave throughout the week. They’re also freezer-friendly so that when you need a quick meal on busy mornings, just chop up some veggies, dice some cheese, and wrap everything up neatly for freezing!
6. Blueberry Almond Chia Energy Balls
These tasty, tiny treats are great for breakfast or for a quick snack throughout the day. Here’s what you need to do.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, 1 cup almond meal, 2 tablespoons chia seeds, 1/2 cup blueberries, and 1/4 cup honey until everything is well mixed together in a sticky dough ball.
- Now, separate the mixture into individual balls and put into the refrigerator for at least three hours for the balls to harden.
7. Apple Pie Overnight Oats
Overnight oats are a great way to start your day. This recipe is low in calories, and the apples and cinnamon give it a burst of flavor.
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup steel-cut oats
- ¼ cup grated apple
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg (optional)
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar or honey
8. Baked Egg Avocado Cups
Baked egg avocado boats are a delicious, healthy meal prep option. This meal is packed with protein and healthy fats to give you energy throughout the morning. It's also easy to make, so you can keep it in your fridge for up to three days!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 4 muffin pan cups with paper liners, or spray them lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- In each lined cup put 1/2 an avocado cut into 8 equal slices and 2 tablespoons shredded cheese.
- Crack an egg into each prepared cup and sprinkle some salt on top if desired.
- Bake until eggs are set but still moist inside about 15 minutes depending on how well you like yours cooked.
- Repeat this method until all ingredients have been used up.
How to Meal Prep For Breakfast
Meal prepping is a great way to be prepared for busy mornings. But you’ll need a meal prep bag with food prep containers to keep your meals separated and fresh.
WOLFpak Meal Prep Management backpacks are designed for meal prep. Here are some of the top functions of our best-selling meal prep bags:
We’ve thought of everything - Our fitness meal bags have been carefully designed by fitness enthusiasts so every component of a meal prep bag is covered!
Stylish and practical - You don’t want a meal bag that looks like a meal bag, if you know what we mean! You want a meal prep bag that is stylish and practical. Our meal bags come in a variety of colors and sizes to suit your preferences.
Comes with food prep containers and utensils - Not only will you get a stylish meal prep bag, you’ll also get three large food prep containers to put your food in.
8-hour ice pack - Your food will stay chilled to keep it fresh for whenever you need it.
Separate compartments - The WOLFpak meal prep bag has a variety of compartments so you can put different food items in each to prevent them from spilling or rolling around. This also includes two compartments for shaker bottles or water.
- Keep your personal belongings safe - We also have an inside protective computer pouch so that your computer is kept away from the food. This makes it the perfect fitness backpack to use for meal prep and your daily commute.